Complaints Procedure

View our in depth complaints procedure below.

If you have a complaint or concern about the service that you have received from this Practice or any of the staff working here, please let us know.  We operate a Practice complaints procedure as part of an NHS system for dealing with complaints.  

How to complain:

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned.  If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible – ideally, within a matter of days or at most a few weeks as this will enable us to establish what happened more easily. Complaints should be made:

  • within 12 months of the matter which caused the problem; or 
  • within 12 months of becoming aware you have something to complain about

You should contact or write to the Complaints Administrator or your doctor if you wish to raise a concern or make a formal complaint. You may ask for an appointment with the Practice Manager or your doctor to discuss your concerns.  He/she will explain the complaints procedure to you and will make sure that your concerns are dealt with promptly. It would be helpful if you could give us specific details of what you feel went wrong and what outcome you would like. Usually we prefer to arrange a meeting with patients to discuss complaints face to face, but if this is not possible or you prefer to put your complaint in writing, then we are happy to receive a letter sent to the practice or an online form that can be found below. Ideally your letter should include the name of the person you are complaining about (if applicable) and the date the matter occurred, as well as an account of your complaint. If you are filling out a form please answer all the questions.

What we shall do:

We shall acknowledge your complaint within three working days, and offer to discuss your concerns and agree the way forward with you. We will investigate your complaint and aim to provide you with our findings within a time frame agreed with you. 

When we look into your complaint, we shall aim to: 

  • Find out what happened and what went wrong.
  • Reply within a stated time frame (usually no more than 25 working days)
  • Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would find this helpful.
  • Make sure you receive an appropriate apology.
  • Identify what we can learn from your complaint and what we can do to make sure the problem does not happen again in order to improve our services.

Complaining on behalf of someone else

Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, unless they are under 18 or of limited capacity and are under your care, we would expect patients to raise complaints with us directly. If a patient has a problem making their own complaint and you are asked to take up a complaint on their behalf, we have to know that you have his or her permission to do so. We supply a consent form which should be signed and dated by the person concerned, unless they are incapable (because of illness) of providing this.

Complaining to West Yorkshire ICB

If you do not feel able to raise your complaint with us, you can contact the West Yorkshire ICB at:

Parliamentary Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO)

If you remain dissatisfied with the response you receive, you can approach the PHSO with your complaint. This should be done within 12 months of the final outcome of the practice complaints procedure.

Millbank Tower




Tel: 0345 015 4033


Independent help and support

You may also like to contact the Kirklees Complaints Advocacy Service who can offer you independent help and advice in making a complaint. 

Kirklees Law Centre NHS Complaints Advocacy Service

Units 11/12

Empire House
Wakefield Old Road
WF12 8DJ


Tel: 01924 868145

Complaints about other NHS providers 

If your complaint is about an NHS service provided by an organisation other than Croft Medical Centre, it is usually better if you direct your complaint straight to the complaints administrator for that service. The following information may also be of some help:

For complaints about Locala Services (District Nursing, Health Visitors and other Community Health Services) contact:

Customer Liaison Team
Freepost Plus RSTJ-EYJA-UCTB
Locala Community Partnerships CIC
First Floor, Beckside Court
Bradford Road
WF17 5PW


Tel: 030 3003 4529 - Option 1

For Huddersfield Royal Infirmary contact

Complaints Administration

Huddersfield Royal Infirmary

Acre Street,




Tel: (01484) 342825 or 342296 

Thank you, Your complaint has been received.
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form. Please try again.